Step 1: Ensuring Stationery Editor is on Test Mode
In the widget script that you generated as part of the
Step 2: Enabling Bogus Payments
Next, we want to be able to put a fake order through without paying. We do this by adding a fake payment gateway.
- Go to Settings
- Click the Payments link
- Go to 'Third Party Providers'
- Search '(for testing) Bogus Gateway' and enable it
Now, when you go to pay for the product you buy and gift note, you won't be charged if you use the below details.
Card Number: 1
Name on Card: Bogus Gateway
Expiration date: Any future date in MM/YY format
Security Code: Any three-digit number
Step 3: Running Through as a Customer
Now it's time to take a look at what the customer will see.
- Go to your preview store
- Add a product to your basket
- Click the 'Add a Gift Note' box
- Observe that the stationery editor has now appeared
- Customise your note's text and whatever else you've allowed and click 'Generate Note'
- Observe that the page refreshes and the gift note product is added to the basket
- Go to checkout and complete the order with the payment details above and any address
Step 4: Running Through as Store Production
The note won't be generated until you have fulfilled the order. This is to ensure that the customer will actually get their item and the order hasn't failed for any reason. To do this, fulfil the order items as normal.
Step 5: Checking Results
Now, it's time to check that the note has gone through properly
- Go to the Scribeless platform
- Click on 'Campaigns' in the lefthand navbar
- Verify that there is a new campaign with the text and customisations that you entered
- Verify that there is a recipient in the campaign with the address you entered in earlier. This will be highlighted yellow and marked as 'Shipped' as we're in testing mode. When in production mode, it will be in the appropriate status dependent on whether the campaign is Full Service or On Demand
Step 6: Getting Ready for Production
If any of the above didn't work, you'll have to get your debugging gloves on to find the issue. Do go back through the guide to help.
If everything worked, congratulations, you're all set up!
Remember now to change the widget mode to 'Production' and to disable the Bogus Gateway by going back over what you did in Step 1.