If you think your account has been hacked or taken over, there are actions you can take to secure your Scribeless account.
Check your email account for a message from Scribeless
If you received an email from Instagram letting you know that your email address was changed, you may be able to undo this by using the revert this change option in that message. If additional information was also changed (example: your password), and you're unable to change back your email address, please report the account to us.
Report the account to our Support Team
To report a hacked account on Scribeless you need to:
- Contact our Support Team using one of the methods explained here;
- Provide your email address, billing address, and full name.
- Be ready to answer a couple of security questions to validate you are the account holder;
- Change your password after we send you a reset link.
Here are some things you can do to help keep your account safe:
- Pick a strong password. Use a combination of at least six numbers, letters, and punctuation marks (like ! and &). It should be different from other passwords you use elsewhere on the internet.
- Change your password regularly, especially if you see a message from Scribeless asking you to do so.
- Never give your password to someone you don't know and trust.
- Make sure your email account is secure. Anyone who can read your email can probably also access your Scribeless account. Change the passwords for all of your email accounts and make sure that no two are the same.
- Log out of Scribeless when you use a computer or phone you share with other people. Don't check the "Remember Me" box when logging in from a public computer, as this will keep you logged in even after you close the browser window.
- Think before you authorize any third-party app.