Read this step-by-step guide to learn how to automate your handwritten marketing campaigns using Shopify Flow.
Shopify Flow is an eCommerce automation platform only available to Shopify Plus customers. It helps store owners automate tasks, actions, and ideas so they can have more time for operations and business development.
Most common tasks include:
- Personalize marketing by tagging customers based on purchasing behavior;
- Hide and show products based on inventory level
- Reward loyalty points for adding items to a wishlist
- Start a win-back email sequence when customers are at risk
- Add a free gift to orders over $100
For more information on Shopify Flow please follow this link.
Scribeless and Shopify Flow
After receiving multiple requests from our customers using Shopify to find a way to automate Scribeless campaigns, we have decided to build a Shopify connector.
This is a feature that allows Shopify Plus stores to set up behavioral triggers and actions that third-party apps have built. We are pleased to announce that Scribeless is now a Shopify partner that has built a Shopify Flow Connector.
The Scribeless Connector
Currently, there is only one action that our connector offers:
Sends a handwritten note
This action helps you send a personalized handwritten note whenever a customer triggers a workflow. The most common triggers used by our Shopify customers are: ‘Customer account is created’ and ‘Customer places a new order’.
Setting up triggers
Step 1: Integrate & create a campaign in Scribeless
- Create / Login to your account at app.scribeless.co
- Navigate to your account page app.scribeless.co/account
- Scroll to the Integrations section on the page
- Click the connect button under the Shopify logo and follow the instructions to log in and connect your Shopify account
- Create a campaign if you haven't already.
- Open your campaign page and copy your campaign ID. You will need this in Shopify Flow.
Step 2: Set up Shopify Flow
NOTE: Please note there are three address details (billing address, shipping address, and default user address). We recommend selecting shipping or default user address
- Access your Shopify store dashboard;
- Click on Apps tab in the left side menu;
- Install Shopify Flow app;
- Click on create a new workflow in top right corner;
- Add a trigger that will start your workflow;
- Click on Add action;
- Scroll down until you find Scribeless;
- Click on Add new recipient;
- Add your Scribeless campaign ID, not your campaign name;
- Add your API key that can be accessed like this;
- To add First name click on Add template variable and choose the Customer first name
- To add Last name click on Add template variable and choose the Customer last name
- To add Address 1 click on Add template variable and choose Shipping address 1
- To add Address 2 (optional) click on Add template variable and choose Shipping address 2
- To add Zip / Post Code click on Add template variable and choose Shipping address 2 ZIP
- To add State click on Add template variable and choose Customer state
- To add Country code v 2 click on Add template variable and choose Shipping address country code v 2
- Turn on your workflow in the top right corner and click save.